Jesse is a hard worker and has gained a lot of strength and muscle to accomplish his goals.
Keep up the good work!
By Sander Vanacker (Define Defense)
- Personal Training
- TRX / Cross Training Classes
- Kettle Bell
- Bootcamp Program
- Warrior Training
- Self Defense Classes & Workshops
- Mixed Martial Arts & No Gi Jiu Jitsu
1805 11th Street Suite B
Boulder, CO 80302
Define Defense is again participating in the Tough Mudder in Beaver Creek, Colorado on June 16th, 2013! Tough Mudder CO is a 12 mile obstacle course to complete with a team (not a competition!). It’s a blast and gives you a great goal to work towards while having fun with your team mates. And let’s not forget, it gives you bragging rights for a long time!
We will be training all our participants and have a great offer for our team mates. If you join our Define Defense Team for Tough Mudder, you can get a 3 month unlimited fitness membership at our facility for only $200 or a 6 month membership for only $345.*
This membership applies to all our TRX, Cross Training, Warrior Training and Kettle Bell classes. On top of these, we will also do additional specific workouts to prepare ourselves for Tough Mudder.
That’s a stunning 50% off normal membership fees!
However, in order to get this amazing deal at our cutting edge studio, you have to commit to joining our Tough Mudder Team first. There is absolutely no monetary gain from your registration for Define Defense. However, we do this because it’s a lot of fun!
Everyone is welcome! We just ask you to come motivated and bring your team spirit!
REGISTER HERE AND JOIN OUR TEAM!
When you register, you have to click ‘Join an Existing Team’, the next page will require you to type in our team name:
Define Defense Martial Arts & Fitness
When you are all set, please email us at Info@DefineDefense.com to confirm your registration and we will get you set up with your unlimited membership for our TRX, Cross Training and Kettle Bell classes!
Do you have any questions? Just shoot them over!
*For new members only*
Join us on our Spring Kickoff party on April 27th from 5-7pm with raffle prizes, snacks, drinks and much more! If you are new to our studio, come check out our studio and see what we're about! For our current clients and prospects, this will be a great time to socialize and have fun together. Invite your friends and family to join you!
During the party, we will be offering one time discounts on memberships, classes, workshops and all our retail products.
Our raffle prizes:
- A free month membership for any program
- A Define Defense sling pack (3x)
- A Title MMA body shield
- Several other prizes from our partners
Starting at 5pm at our studio location: 1805 11th Street Suite B, Boulder CO 80302
(720) 340 6254
Classes will be cancelled but there will be an Open Mat session from 3.30-5pm.
Cross training is one of the best ways to get in shape while working pretty much all of your muscle groups. If done right, you can accomplish different goals by training in different ways. You will get stronger, faster and your cardio will improve. By fine tuning your cross training workout, you can also lose weight or gain muscle (or both).
The way we do cross training at Define Defense in our strength and conditioning classes is by working all muscle groups with short rests between different stations. By working all muscle groups, we end up burning many calories and we challenge all muscles, which makes them adapt and improve. We have different formulas we use in different classes but we always make sure our training methods have clear reasoning behind them and these are backed by our knowledge in physiology, anatomy etc. In our strength and conditioning classes, we also make sure everyone is working at their own level and they are training to reach the goal they want. That is why we like to call it personal training in a small group. After all, the same exercises and training will NEVER work the same for different people.
Our classes are a full hour training session, 6 times/week starting in January 2012 (depending on a membership or punch card, you choose whenever and how many times you want to attend!) As for now, we have 3 classes/week.
Cross training can be done in several ways as mentioned, however there are many brands that do it in a very irresponsible and dangerous manner. Safety always comes first but unfortunately some brands do not make this a priority.
A few experiences I have had (outside of Define Defense):
- 15 minute workouts that make you breathe hard, sweat and make you feel like passing out. These workouts may feel hard (and they are), but they will NOT do anything for you, except to deteriorate your body. You do not get any rest, you do too many exercises in a small time frame, something that occasionally can be beneficial for a trained athlete but not for the average person wanting to improve or live healthier. Since there is no rest, your muscles will not grow, ever... For cardio purposes it is not long enough either and pushing yourself that hard every workout is unhealthy, period. If a 15 minute workout would do what they claim it does, everybody would be a professional athlete. But it doesn't! Any trainer can push you that hard for 15 minutes but it's not a good thing.
- Making the clients do compound exercises without warmup and for too many reps. Compound exercises are fantastic for anabolic growth, burning calories and general strength and health. However, if you become fatigued, your form and technique will deteriorate, especially with technically challenging exercises. These need perfect form as they can be hazardous for your body. I have seen studios that made their clients do tens of these compound exercises at a time (with horrible form).
- Dirty, dirty and dirty to a point my lungs burned and my hands were black. OK this one is place determined but it's a big no-no!
- Having to sign a waiver that states they are not liable if you get hospitalized with Rhabdo. Really??? Sounds shady to me and with responsible training (even pushing limits), you should never experience this!
- Unqualified trainers: some brands are franchised which means that if you do a one day workshop, you are allowed to open a branch. Great isn't it? Not really... It takes years to master training others and being certified after one day is simply dangerous.
You would be surprised how much these kinds of situations happen or how many cross training studios build their businesses on these irresponsible strategies.
At Define Defense, we strive towards quality and responsible training for optimal results and the safety of our clients. That is why we are expanding our strength & conditioning program to 6 classes/week starting January, 2012!
All our martial arts clients have free access. Non members can also enjoy these great cross training classes by purchasing a punch card or getting a strength & conditioning membership. Our classes are 60 minute workouts with a lot of personal attention and cutting edge gym equipment (see our facility). We utilize back to basic exercises as well as the latest proven methods in the fitness world. We will push you and make you better, that's a promise. Besides your training, we also educate you about the reasons behind the training.
Our pricing structure:
- A 10 class punch card for $200
- A 12 month membership for $85/month (unlimited classes)
- A 6 month membership for $95/month (unlimited classes)
- A 3 month membership for $110/month (unlimited classes)
Stay tuned for our new schedule (starting January 2nd, 2012) and take advantage of the strength & conditioning classes!
By Sander Vanacker, owner of Define Defense Martial Arts & Training in Boulder, Colorado
Sign up for our MMA program and get free unlimited fitness classes for the full duration of your membership!
*Starting March 1st 2013, the MMA and BJJ program will be combined into a single program (1.5 hour classes 6 times/week). Therefore, you will get MMA and BJJ instruction and get free fitness classes as well (all programs), all in 1 single membership!*
Refer a person and get up to a $40 credit!
*get $15 if your referral gets a punch card or a 3 month membership, $25 for a 6 month membership and $40 for a 12 month membership*
Starting March 1st, our MMA classes will offer both stand up striking, throws, takedowns, sweeps, clinching, as well as MMA specific grappling. Our classes will be at the same times but will be 1.5 hour long classes.
For our current members:
Our current MMA or BJJ members will receive free fitness classes starting March 1st for the remainder of their membership and throughout their next membership when they renew (before June 1st). This means you will get MMA, BJJ and strength & conditioning all for one single membership fee!
Members with a punch card will get 3 additional free classes to use after March 2nd.
All inclusive rates:
Our rates for MMA, BJJ & Fitness will be:
As always, college students get 15% off and if you prepay, you receive a 10% discount.
MMA specific Brazilian Jiu Jitsu:
In our MMA classes we will purely focus on MMA specific techniques that are also great for self defense. We will not do sport Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, instead we will focus on MMA specific Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, which is much more effective in a Mixed Martial Arts situation or self defense situation.
Define Defense is also bringing in another instructor, along with owner and head instructor Sander.
We are looking for an individual or company who wants to run Yoga or Pilates classes independently in our premium facility in Downtown Boulder!
Our studio has 1,040 square feet of mats, has a speaker system and has a wall of mirrors. It is a great spot for Yoga or Pilates classes so we are looking for someone who wants to run their own program in our facility. This person will be solely responsible for their program and will be able to run their own classes during their own times.
Many class times are available during the week days and weekends. The yoga instructor or company would be paying a flat fee ($1,000) per month to operate in our premium facility in the heart of Boulder, CO.
A transition period with a lower fee is possible with a lower fee to start off with. You can choose your own class times out of the available times. A great way to have your own yoga business without much risk or overhead expenses / head aches!
If you are interested or know of someone who might be, let us know at Info@DefineDefense.com !