Working out indoors has many benefits, such as being in a controlled environment where it’s cool or warm enough, you know your surrounding and you know what the dangers are. That being said, there are still things that you happen to you which are quite embarrassing:
1. Fall of the treadmill. One of the reasons Define Defense doesn’t have one! You think you can do that little bit more but you’re wrong. Good thing is you don’t necessarily get hurt much but your pride will take a little hit.
2. Flashing people. Whether you do yoga, weights, dancing or martial arts, you have to be aware of how your clothing is holding up. You might not even be aware until people around you look at you funny or hopefully someone lets you know!
3. Sweating and grunting. It’s great because it shows you are working out hard. But keep it in check and keep a towel close to you. You don’t want people to think you just took a shower or had an accident do you?
4. Peptalk to yourself. It’s very motivation but be aware. Others might look at you quite weird when you start talking to yourself about that last piece of chocolate pie you ate last night.
5 Singing. Especially with headphones in, some feel the urge to sing along. Just keep in mind there are athletes around you who prefer that song being sung by Beyonce, not you.
6. Gas. Don’t need to explain this one right? It happens to the best of us but try to avoid certain foods before you work out!
By Sander Vanacker, owner, instructor and personal trainer .
Define Defense in Boulder, CO
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Self Defense Classes & Workshops
- Personal Training
- TRX / Cross Training Classes
- Kettle Bell
- Warrior Training
1805 11th Street Suite B
Boulder, CO 80302
07/02/12 10:04 Filed in: Other
Dates: Saturday April 7th (morning) - Sunday April 8th (afternoon)
If you are interested, you are welcome to join and we will camp out on the reserve for 1 night and come back on Sunday afternoon.
A small fee will be requested, which will directly be donated to the wolf reserve (will be applied to sponsoring a wolf and we will receive a certificate, 8x10 picture and some hair of the wolf).
More info to come (including logistics, carpooling etc.)